All content copyright to Badgertails [K C Badger] unless otherwise credited. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

A Tuesday Toast

by - Tuesday, August 06, 2013


Well happy Tuesday to you all!
Today happens to be a rather special day in my family, being my Parent's Pearl (30th) Wedding Anniversary and my big sis's Birthday too.
So I want to take a moment to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to three of the most special people in my life.
And I also thought I'd share with you the cakes that I made for sis, too.



For my birthday back in March, G (sis) made me the most wonderful cake with my name on, with pastel yellow icing and little white stars covering the sides. It was amazing. So, it only seemed fair that this lovely lady deserved some cake love too.



I haven't yet mastered the big cake thing, and I'm honestly only just getting to grips with the small cake thing, but I guess I know the small side a little better. I bought a few bits at Hobbycraft last weekend and more edible embellishments in Waitrose, so I'd already got my colour scheme down. So, I threw myself into it and I was quite pleased with the result!

They are a mixture of vanilla and chocolate bases, the chocolate being cocoa powder with grated white chocolate in too. The coral frosting is flavoured with orange blossom water and sprinkled with bronze nuggets, silver stardust and topped with a single edible diamond each.



The butterfly wraps are from Waitrose, as is the box that I gave them to her in.


I took these quick photos on my phone just as we were leaving to give them to her, so the lighting is quite terrible! I plan to write up a recipe for them so will post better photos and a how-to at the weekend.

And another celebration to mark is yesterday was the 10 year Anniversary of P moving back to England from the USA, so perhaps I should get a bit patriotic in my baking this weekend too! I'm very glad you moved back home to meet me 7 years later P, my life wouldn't be the same without you.




Hope you're all having a good Tuesday,


Follow Badgertails on Pinterest!

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by!