All content copyright to Badgertails [K C Badger] unless otherwise credited. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Serenity

by - Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy friday everyone!
I've been thinking a lot lately about just how much I love the countryside. Although we live in a town, it's a very small town and it's easy to forget that you're a 10 minute walk away from the centre. Where we live is almost just a big village nestled in the middle of the countryside, so I never feel too cramped and still get to enjoy little moments of quiet.


So, my post today is about serenity. Serenity, peace and quiet, calm and relaxation. Despite always being able to hear the town's distant hubbub, I've somehow managed to find that little moment to myself just when I need it.



I don't mind faint car sounds in the distance, and the occasional dog barking, because it reminds me when I need comfort, that I am not alone and will never be alone in this world. There will always be someone out there that provides me with security, and perhaps the sounds I might make in another person's distance will afford them the same sense of security.

But when I need serenity, and peace, and calm, I know when the best time to search for it is, and where the best place to find it is.



To me, serenity is awaking in bed at 5am to the dawn chorus, with the light of the new day pattering on the curtains.

It's spending a summer evening out gardening until it gets dark, enjoying the stillness that is a late evening on our road. 

It's settling down on the sofa after the day's chores are done and the time is now my own.



It's finding myself in the middle of the deepest countryside and taking a moment to breathe in the fresh air and beautiful scents of nature.



It's remembering the people that love me, that I love more than anything in the whole world, and knowing that they will always be here.



And it's reminding myself that this world is so beautiful and the most important thing is to appreciate it while I can.


I can't even describe how grateful I am for all of these things, and for how calm and content they make me feel. How they make my life what it is, no matter how big or small they may seem.

Lots of love to you all today, I hope you have a beautiful weekend.



You May Also Like

0 comments