All content copyright to Badgertails [K C Badger] unless otherwise credited. Powered by Blogger.

Pages

Seven Wonders of My World

by - Thursday, March 28, 2013



Now, ever since I was little I've always wanted to travel the world. It's such a big place out there with so many different cultures and even more things to learn. It's always been something that fascinates me, and I wouldn't want to go through this one lifetime I get without learning about what is beyond our humble English borders.


Being in my early twenties, I guess this is the perfect time to go off and explore, but I'm not going to. Yes, I still find the world fascinating (and David Attenborough frequently shows me what I'm missing), and one day I would like to add more exotic places to my list of travels. But for now, I'm quite content just riding on the wind of Walden and seeing where life takes me. P and I are settling down, and it just isn't the right time to up and leave our home. I've come to realise over the last couple of years, that although it's a big wide world out there waiting to be explored, my world that I have here is big enough for me and just a little bit too perfect to ever want to leave it.

So rather than posting about those famous 'Seven Wonders of the World,' that I haven't been to see, it would be more apt if I laid out the very special seven wonders of my world. Those things that make life worth it, that make you happy every day and that you couldn't live without. Just seven. Because, that's all I need for now.



Wonder #1: Family
Would you expect it to be anywhere other than number one? My family, P, P's family. They're all my family and I'm not giving them up for anyone.


Wonder #2: Home
Because a home really is the heart of us. Whether it's big or small, or even multiple places, home makes us feel warm, safe and holds the time when we can be ourselves, and nothing but.  Home to me is simply, where my family are. They are the reason I am here, and they are my home. My home is my rock, and will always be where my heart is.


Wonder #3: Friends
Or more specifically, one friend, by the name Joely. She was the first person that I spoke to when I moved to Hampshire for uni, and the only friend that has lasted to the present day with my babbling. We've lived together, we've fought our battles together, and without sounding too soppy, we've grown together. She is about to move to Korea for a short while with her lovely other half but I know she'll always be close by, because she's made herself a little nest in my heart and that's not moving anywhere.


Wonder #4: Fresh Air
Something we probably all take for granted, until we get the dreaded lurgy and realise we really miss being able to breathe properly. Fresh air makes me feel calm, relaxed, and therefore happy. I can't stand not being able to get to fresh outdoors air whenever I want, which is why I'm not keen on Aeroplanes and underground spaces. I'm looking so forward to sitting out in my garden just enjoying the space around me. (And perhaps a little sunshine).


Wonder #5: Food
Ah, this is sometimes my downfall. I enjoy eating food, making food, writing food and photographing food. This is how I'm so curvy! It has always been a big part of my family life and I will continue this when P and I have kids. My favourite part of the day is sitting down with my loved ones to eat, discussing our days and enjoying each others' company.


Wonder #6: Nature
Or more specifically, flowers, and birdsong. Even more specifically, the birdsong of the understated little blackbird. This is my favourite noise in the whole world, it is unbelievably beautiful and reminds me of a few of the most brilliant women in my life.


Wonder #7: Appreciation
Because a thank you goes a long way for me. I live by the rule that if you are grateful for someone's actions, it never hurts to tell them. If you appreciate them being around when you need them, let them know. If you like what they're doing, they're probably a little unsure so tell them they're doing good. Even if you can't give gifts to say thank you, a simple card or phone call just to say 'thank you' goes further than money ever could.


So, I guess that's it! They may seem small but they are very big to me. Which makes me wonder now, do you have your seven wonders? I'd love to hear what they are. I've found today that writing a list of the things that are your world, makes you realise just how much you love them, and in particular, how much you never want to let them go.

If anyone agrees with my Wonder #7, please drop me a comment and let me know if you've enjoyed reading today. :)

Much love,

You May Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for stopping by!